Hot and humid Lowcountry summers just beg for a dip in the pool. But, that southern sun can be brutal for our swimming pool interiors and decks; they wear out and fade over time. The good news is it’s easy to perk up a tired pool with a simple resurfacing and painting process. Using a high-quality epoxy paint is an affordable choice to give your backyard pool a brand new look!
Give us a few days and we’ll give you a beautiful revitalized pool in just a few steps:
We’ll ask the homeowner to drain the pool the day before we arrive
- Next, we remove any dirt and debris.
- Patch any existing cracks or holes with appropriate materials (using manufacturer’s application guidelines).
- Power wash surfaces to clean and remove any loose paint.
- Acid wash pool surfaces. Re-clean surfaces and rinse.
- Allow for the surfaces to dry.
- Apply primer and high quality epoxy paint in homeowner’s color choice. Allow to dry thoroughly before refilling pool with water, proper dry time is crucial to proper adhesion.
Homeowner is now cleared to refill the pool, break out the lounge chairs, and DIVE IN!
A few things to remember for a successful project:
- Typical turn-a-round is three to five days, based on the size of the pool, weather conditions, and, of course, any necessary repairs / prep work.
- Paint cannot be applied in extreme heat, cold, or humidity as these conditions cause poor adhesion.
- Pets and children should be kept away from the work site, for their safety.
Remember, you can always ask our painting professionals here at 1st Class Painting & Restoration for expert advice! Give us a call; this is the stuff we love!